Sundance offers a 'wilderness' style camping experience - small, secluded and rustic.
At the Trading Post you will find the following:
- The office for check-ins, reservations and customer service
- The Gift Shop - native & western giftware and souvenirs
- Basic groceries, snack foods, pop, ice
- Rental camping supplies
- Rental sports equipment
- Hot showers & washrooms
- Coin laundry
- Internet access
- Public pay phone
- Firewood sales
- Propane sales (10lb containers and up)
- Electrical outlets in the washrooms
In the campground you will find the following:
- Three separate water pumps (all drinkable water)
- Outdoor chemical toilets
- Bear-proof garbage bins
- Sand volleyball court & badminton court
- Horseshoe pit
- Grassy area for soccer, games, etc.
- Three wells - two with hand pumps. The other is a hydrant with a hose to use to fill a RV or water container; no water at the sites.
- No power is available at the sites; however, there are electrical outlets in the washrooms at the Trading Post. We generate our own power on-site. When the generator is off for regular maintenance, there is no power. Signs will be posted to alert you to these times. Bring your flashlights!
- Accepted, but with a $2.00 charge per pet, per night. Please respect campers who prefer not to have pets around: do not leave pets alone at the site when you go hiking or driving - a barking dog (at any time) can ruin a pleasant day for fellow campers; please keep your pet on a leash in the campground and pick up after them.
- Available at the Trading Post. You are also welcome to bring your own (as long as it isn't from British Columbia - sorry!). It is illegal to collect deadwood in Kananaskis so you must either bring your own firewood or buy it here.