Our cozy, rustic Trapper's Tents, each on their own site and surrounded by trees, are extremely comfortable. Whether it's suntanning weather or raining, you will enjoy sitting on your deck under the shelter of your awning. Some tents have wooden doors; others have zippers.
Inside the Trapper's Tent
Outside the Trapper's Tent
One double bed and two single beds - sleeps four
Number of Units
Recommended to Bring
Reservations- Strongly recommended, especially for weekends & long weekends. All sites are open for booking; however, we do take drop-ins if we have room. All our reservations are prepaid with cancellation charges after booking.
- No water at your site. However, there are 3 wells - two of these are hand pumps. One is a hydrant located hehind the Trading Post that supplies drinking water. It has a hose with which you can fill a water container or an RV.
- As we are so close to the river, we do NOT have a station. The closest ones (free) are: Barrier Information Center (10 minutes north on HWY 40) and Mt. Kidd (10 minutes south on HWY 40).
- No power at your site; however, there is electricity in the washrooms at the Trading Post.
- Available for purchase at the Trading Post; you are most welcome to bring your own (as long as it isn't from British Columbia - sorry!) It is illegal to collect deadwood in Kananaskis so you must either bring your own firewood or buy it here.
- Accepted with a $2.00 charge per pet/per night. Please respect campers who prefer not to have pets around. Do not leave pets alone at the site when you go hiking or driving - a barking dog can ruin a pleasant afternoon for your neighbours. Pets must always be leashed, well behaved, not taken into the buildings and picked up after.
- between 2:30 pm and 8 pm.
- by 11am for tipis & trapper’s tents
- between 10:30pm and 8am.. We are a family campground; no "partying" or offensive behavior is permitted at any time. Music and generators must be off at 10:30pm.. Music played during the day must be confined to your campsite.
Come to Sundance if you like the peace and quiet – we do our best to give it to you.