At the Trading Post you will find the following:
- The office for check-ins, reservations and customer service
- The Gift Shop - native and western giftware and souvenirs
- Basic groceries, snack foods, pop, ice
- Rental camping supplies
- Rental sports equipment
- Hot showers (FREE) & washrooms
- Coin laundry
- Public pay phone
- Firewood sales
- Propane sales (10lb containers and up)
- Electrical outlets in the washrooms
In the campground you will find the following:
- Outdoor chemical toilets
- Bear-proof garbage bins
- Sand volleyball court & badminton court
- Horseshoe pit
- Grassy area for soccer, games, etc.
Two wells: the water hydrant behind the Trading Post is drinkable water and has a hose to enable filling water jugs/ RVs. The other one is a hand pump. No water access at the sites.
No power is available at the sites; however, there are electrical outlets in the washrooms at the Trading Post. We generate our own power on-site. When the generator is off for regular maintenance, there is no power. Signs will be posted to alert you to these times. Bring your flashlights!
Accepted, but with a $2.00 charge per pet, per night. Please respect campers who prefer not to have pets around: do not leave pets alone at the site when you go hiking or driving - a barking dog (at any time) can ruin a pleasant day for fellow campers; please keep your pet on a leash in the campground and pick up after them.
Available at the Trading Post. You are also welcome to bring your own (as long as it is from Alberta). It is illegal to collect deadwood in Kananaskis so you must either bring your own firewood or buy it here.
Useful items to bring:
- Warm clothes and bedding; a jogging suit and socks for sleeping, rain gear
- Axe, lanterns and flashlights
- Cooking equipment, food, campstove, cooler and matches
- Water jug and basin for washing dishes and a pot for heating water
There is no central dishwashing station; dishes must be washed at the campsite, not at the water wells or in the washrooms.