- Rent equipment for volleyball, soccer, badminton, horseshoes and bocce ball at the Trading Post
- Walk the banks of the Kananaskis River with views of Mt. Allen ('88 Olympics), Mt. Lorette (bald and golden eagle migration route, early spring & fall) and Mt. Kidd to the south.
- Walk the path in the Beaver Ponds day use area adjacent to Sundance (kid friendly).
- Hiking - a great variety of trails for beginners to experienced hikers
- Fishing - please check current fishing regulations for specific information
- Mountain Biking - a nearby paved trail plus back country ones such as Terrace/ Stoney - Kananaskis Outfitters rent bikes
- Horseback Riding - at Boundary Ranch - stay for a BBQ lunch
- Whitewater Rafting - many companies such as InsideOut Experience offer rafting on the Kananaskis and Bow Rivers
- Golfing - Try Brewster's Kananaskis Ranch Golf Course about a 20 minute drive away
- Rock Climbing - Wasootch Creek or Banff
- Canoeing/Kayaking - Kananaskis Outfitters rent canoe/kayak equipment to use on Barrier Lake (10 minutes north of Sundance) or the Upper and Lower Lakes in Peter Lougheed Park (about 25 minutes south)
- River Kayaking - Canoe Meadows and the Widowmaker are good access points
- Swimming - Barrier Lake is very cold but it does have a sandy beach by the boat dock
- Shopping - shops in Kananaskis Village, a short drive away - art, jewelry, collectibles, clothes, posters and souvenirs
- Photography - shoot spectacular mountain scenery, flowers, wildlife
- Dining - if you get tired of your own cooking, ask our staff for local dining rooms, pubs and steak houses
- Star Gazing - on clear nights, away from the city, the stars are amazing: the Big Dipper, meteor showers, shooting stars....and if you're lucky – the Northern Lights
For information on companies running activities in the local area, check our Links page.
The Kananaskis Valley Information Centres (403.678.0760) provide local Kananaskis trail conditions, closures and activities. Barrier Info Centre is about 10 minutes north of Sundance on Hwy 40.