Schools and Youth Groups
For school and youth groups there is a non-refundable $5 per site Booking Fee applied to each booking. All prices subject to 5% GST. Please refer to the Reservation page for all other price information.
- 24/7 supervision required on property and in Trading Post.
- Warm clothes, warm sleeping bags and raingear are essential for a successful mountain experience. The weather can change quickly.
- The heater takes off the chill but nights in the mountains can be cold. Bring flashlights – most schools avoid using our propane lanterns.
- This is BEAR country. Cooking and eating: MUST be centralized and supervised by instructors to ensure rules regarding the handling of food and garbage are followed. Toiletries, food, snacks, beverage containers, garbage and items with a strong scent are not allowed in the tents or left on the site. They must be stored in a vehicle when not in use and at night. Only plain water allowed in the tents.
- Never eat in your tents as you don’t want food smells where you sleep.
- No dishwashing station; dishes must be washed at the group's main site.
- All reserved stays are prepaid. Payments by company/ business/ school cheque must be guaranteed by a major credit car for all new accounts.
- Weekend Reservations: two nights; long weekend - three nights.
- Deposit: 50% of total cost. The space is confirmed with receipt of your booking information and deposit.
- Balance of payment and final number of sites and people required: one month before arrival.
- Reservations made less than one month before arrival must be paid in full.
- Supervisors – one required every one to two tents; supervisors must be spread out amongst the students.
- Rooming List is due on arrival for emergency purposes. Only supervisors may operate the heaters and lanterns.
- Damages are the responsibility of the group/ school. Supervisors must report any problems they find on arrival.
If the cancellation for any or all sites is received by our office (by email):
- One month or more before arrival: subject to a $15 admin. charge per site.
- Less than one month before arrival or during the stay itself: no refunds/credits on any sites cancelled or not used. If payments are not received by the due date, the booking may be considered cancelled with applicable charges.
Only for the same no. of sites and nights and only if an alternate date in the same season is available; if not, booking will be
considered cancelled and applicable charges applied. Cancellation charges for the second date will not be less than for the original booking.
Available midweek and in low season. Not available: between June 20, 2018 and Sept. 4, 2018 or on any long weekends; nor if a booking is made through third parties such as tour operators or travel agents. Eligible if three or more sites are booked for two or more nights: the rebate will be up to 10% of site rental cost. Amount of rebate will be based on the behaviour of the students, the cleanliness of both the sites and areas used by the students and any damages resulting from the stay. Damages exceeding the rebate amount will be billed to the school/organization. Rebates, if any, will be by cheque and mailed within 60 days of departure.